Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pretty Pastels

Hello all - hope you're having better weather than here in NJ where it's a very wet and dreary day for the 1st of May!  It seems like a lifetime ago when we were having scorching hot days in March - such crazy weather lately???

Anyway I'm back with a card that fits in with what May should be like - very spring/summer like and fresh.  I used a Dilly Beans digi available here, called Amalia Ballerina.  I love her tutu as it reminds me of one I recently made for my niece after seeing it on The Martha Stewart show.  It was made from those shower net scrubbies - here's a link if anyone's interested.  It was really easy to do and looks so effective, especially if you pick the brightly coloured scrubbies and only costs a few dollars!

The challenge for dillybeanschallenge.blogspot this week is a Pastel Palette and I managed to use a few scraps of paper for this card from my box of bits!  I'm trying to be good and use up some of the little bits before cutting into any more large sheets.


I would also like to enter this into  -
http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.com/ - here comes summer (soon I hope!!)
http://sketchycolors.blogspot.com/ - mint, pink & white
http://blog.oozak.com/ - spring colours




Thanks for popping in again and would just like to say thanks for all the wonderful comments you leave - they really do make my day :)

20 comments:

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Dawn! I love the soft colors and pretty papers! Terrific design with the cute image!

Linda Palmer said...

Dawn, this is a darling card, so beautifully colored and designed. I love the little image and the pretty papers. Great card!!

Nikki Byrne said...

Super cute image and fab embellies. Thank you for sharing it with us at OSAAT. Hugs NIKKI DT

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is lovely! Thank you for sharing at One Stitch at a Time and good luck with the challenge. Judy x DT

Maria said...

I love her hair! Wonderful card!
Hugs,

Maria B.

Lisa Lara said...

Wowee Dawn I am speachless. This is gorgeous. Love your layout with those banners and gorgeous coloring.

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

What a lovely card :-) so sweet

Tracy said...

Ugghhh! Don't remind me of how HUGE my scrap bin is. LOL I love the bits and pieces you put together for your card. She's a cutie and I adore her pink hair. Awesome coloring girl! Hugs!

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card sweetie loving the fabby image.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

nwilliams6 said...

Very well done - super image and lovely papers. I like the banner and your ticket. Cute, cute, cute!!!

Kathi said...

That's seriously cute. I love the card!!!

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is just gorgeous, love your color choices. :) Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans.

She's a Color Queen said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!! I just love it!! We are so glad you joined us at Dilly Beans this week!

Jackie Thomas said...

Oh this is so pretty. I just adore every detail. thank you for joining us at Hooked on crafts.
Hugs Jackie

anaRy said...

This is a darling layout!!
Thank you for joining us over Oozak's blog challenge!
x
anaRy

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW! Fabulous use of scraps! Truly beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans this week. xxD

Love crafts forever said...

Thank you for playing at One Stitch At A Time this week. Good luck.
Hugs Nataliya.

Penny said...

Dawn, your "bits" are beautiful together. Love the color scheme and your image is too, too cute! Love how you colored her and love the hair color! :^) Great card!
Hugs,
Penny

Maya said...

Such a wonderful card!
The coloring is perfect and the image is wonderful :)
Thank you for entering the challenge over at SC,
hugs from Maya

Karen C said...

This is wonderful! Love the pennants! Thanks for playing with us at One Stitch At A Time! Best of luck in the draw!
Hugs,
Karen C (OSAAT DT)
www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com