Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Purple palooza!

Well I was quite happy with my CAS streak but then I got 'purpled'!  I wanted to do a card for the current Dilly Beans challenge and it really didn't go the clean and simple way at all!
I had already coloured this Isabella fairy digi in purple and I was all set to do a CAS card but then my Distress Stains were crying out to be used so I just had to take note :)  I splattered some purple and blue stain onto watercolour paper and misted it and then let it dry - I then stamped a flower background (it was a $1 stamp from the Michaels clearance bins) and I had my background for Isabella.  Some old paper from my stash, some ric-rac and a couple of Wild Orchid flowers with a ticket sentiment and I was almost done - at the last minute, I decided to add some stick-on gems to the stamped flower background and voila.........



As well as the Dilly Beans challenge, I would like to enter this into the following challenges -




Thanks again for popping in :)


13 comments:

Eline Jansens said...

I found your blog as we are both participating at the Dilly Beans challenge. Gorgeous card! Love how you made your own background!

Kathi said...

Great card. I adore that color combination. Fabulous job coloring that wonderful image.

You were rocking the CAS thing, but you're so darned good at the non-CAS style too!

Maria said...

Clean, simple and gorgeous!
Hugs,

Maria B.

Penny said...

Oh, I love this, Dawn! Just a fabulous design! Great background for the beautifully-colored, darling image! Doggone it! You have got me hooked on another digi artist. Stop it! I can't take it anymore! ;^)
Hugs,
Penny

nwilliams6 said...

Great bg technique, and I love your $1 stamp idea!!! What a super way to showcase this purply fairy. Wonderful non-CAS card! Fun! I love visiting your blog to see what you come up with too!

Tracy said...

I like the Tim Burtonesque features on this image--the heavy eyelids and striped legs. Fun and unique. Cool card! Hugs!

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous creation Dawn....I love your use of purples here.

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Super card, I love the colours you have used.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hugs,

Jo x

April said...

She Is gorgeous! I love how you stained the ackground of that panel!! You so inspire me to try new (to me) techniques!

Carla S. said...

Wow! How gorgeous, Dawn! I am loving the colors and the background patterns! Cool image!

Philena said...

I love this card! Purple is my favorite color, so.... Love it, love it, love it!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Oooh - she's so pretty, LOVE how you colored her. Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans! :)

Melissa S. said...

You always have the best projects. Love all the shades of purple. The coloring is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at Dilly Beans this week.