Thursday, October 24, 2013

Practice, practice, practise.....

Hello all!
       I've been feeling a bit 'blah' about the whole colouring thing lately so I decided to forget about cards for a while and just focus on the colouring bit and where better to do that than over at the Make it Colourful challenge blog?  Their current challenge is colouring eyes and you should check out the amazing inspiration from the DT over there - Wow, big time!!!
       Anyway once I picked my jaw up from the floor, I decided to give it a go as I figured the practice would be good even if the results may not be.  I used the Melyssa digi and started off with a Halloween style in mind.  I used Copics and a white gel pen for all of these but as usual, I haven't listed the colours ( I'm just not organised enough to remember to do so - I'm very organised in real life but when my artistic side takes over, organisation goes flying out the window!)

    No 1 - Halloween girl

   This was fun to do as the colours are obviously not the usual ones you would pick for a girl's face!  However, I felt the eyes looked a bit flat so I tried again, this time making her into a woodland nymph (that's what happens when you have a glass of Pinot Noir on the go at the same time!)

No. 2 - Woodland Nymph

  A bit happier with her eyes but I still felt there was lots of room for improvement so I decided to do one more and this time I would keep it plain and simple.

No. 3 - the last one (for now)

   I do like the eyes in this one even though they are miles away from the fantastic examples of the DT - more practicing is needed but for now, I'm happy :)

Thanks so much for popping in today!




Pin It

9 comments:

Sandra said...

all three girls are stunning Dawn, saw the first one on FB-MiC, marvellous.
But my favorite is the second one, the woodland nymph.
And the third one has such beautiful hair!! What colors did you use on her hair??
Hugs, Sandra

Carla S. said...

Wow! Fab coloring, Dawn! You did an awesome job on these eyes! I was too intimidated to even try!

Sandra said...

Brilliant!!! Your creativity whether with a glass of Pinot Noir on the go or not most certainly stands out from the crowd. I love how your brain works, and all of the a wonderful. YOUR colouring is PERFECT! Thanks for the lovely comments over on my blog, I do so appreciate them. I have also forwarded DH your link, he will be so pleased to receive it. Thank you and keep colouring I love what you do. Tally-ho :)S

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful coloring on all three. You did a fabulous job. I think your coloring is some of the best there is. I'm like Carla, wouldn't be able to try those eyes. I love all three!

Penny said...

You should be happy! What fabulous coloring on all three! Love the creepy-cool, the fantasy, and the plain one! All so great! I am intimidated to try these images myself. ;^)
Hugs, Penny

Unknown said...

Fantastic! I love the different styles that you have done but I think my favorite is the last one, her eyes look spectacular! I think you have nailed it! Thanks for joining us at Make it Colourful that time :)

Tracy said...

They all look amazing to me Dawn. I'd say you aced the challenge GF. :-) Hugs!

Tress said...

Absolutely stunning! And to think you colored that beautifully with a glass of Pinot on the side...you go girl!

Nicoletta said...

WOW!!!!!!! These images and your coloring are so beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at Make it Colourful!
xoxo
Nicoletta