Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Birthday card for hubbie :)

Well I can finally post this card that's been hiding away in my craft room since I made it!  My very clever hubby (a Harley man ) came up with this digi for me to sell in my Etsy shop LilyPinkScraps  and I just had to make a card for him with it.  I chose to use my orange Copic markers with some of the cool greys to colour it, orange being one of the colours Harley Davidson are known for.

This is a very detailed digi and I really admire his patience in doing this - it did take several sessions on the pc but well worth it!  He also did the logo himself as he wants to come up with a t-shirt design for himself.

               Many of us cardmakers struggle when it comes to cards for guys so I am planning to add to my digis for sale in both my Etsy shop and also at Can You Digi It? with some cars, trucks and bikes (with the help of hubby who is a bit of a petrol-head, or gear-head, depending on which country you live!) 

Many thanks for stopping by :)

7 comments:

April said...

How true that purely masculine Digis are hard to come by! He did a great job with it and I am sure he was doubly pleased with the card! HB2him!

Carla S. said...

This is awesome, Dawn! Your DH did an amazing job with the digi and you did a fabulous job with the coloring!

Roxann said...

Dawn, you had to know I would looooove this! I need this digi! This turned out fabulous!
Hugz,
Roxann

Linda Palmer said...

Oh Wow!! I've got to get this image. I love your card and the coloring is gorgeous. You did a beautiful job on this card. Off to your etsy shop.

Tracy said...

Good grief! This is amazing. You've got one talented hubby girl! :-) Thanks so much for all the sweet comments you leave me. I'm glad you were able to find some digis you like at ADFD. I could go broke there. LOL Hugs!

nwilliams6 said...

Dawn, this is awesome. So your DH is talented in the design area as well - how great as that Love the image - can't wait to order it and play with it!!!!

Lynne Armstrong said...

WOW Dawn...this is fabulous! Wish I knew a Harley owner that I could whip up a card for! What an amazing team you and your hubby are :)