Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Funny Valentine

"My funny Valentine
Sweet comic Valentine,
You make me smile with my heart.
Your looks are laughable,
Unphotographable,
Yet you're my favourite work of art"



I've had this song stuck in my head for days now all down to this little fella!   When I decided to make a Valentine's Day card with him, this song just popped up out of nowhere and that was it!  He's called Pierrot and he's from the wonderful world of The Octopode Factory
      I coloured him with a mixture of Copics and Distress Stain - the red being the "fired brick" stain that I dabbed onto an acrylic block and picked up with a paintbrush to colour in the digi.  The paper on the front of the card was just a B&W computer print out of some old fashioned script writing which I inked, stained, splattered and stamped!  The heart shapes were done using my Silhouette SD.

I would like to enter him for the following -
http://cardcrafterscircle.blogspot.com/ - Valentines Loves Hearts

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!

8 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

This is so great. Your coloring brought him to life - great techniques. Love your description of how you did the bg paper too - what fun.

The Octopode Factory said...

gorgeous. you have a blog now!

Carla S. said...

This is so cute, Dawn! What a fun image! I love the background you created!

Carol L said...

Such an adorable card! Thanks for playing along with the SNSDC

Teresa Arsenault said...

OMGoodness! This is so cute! Look at those eyes. Great design.
Blessings,
Teresa

Penny said...

How funny we had the same song in our heads yesterday! I love this card! The image is adorable and your treatment of the paper is so cool! :^)
Hugs,
Penny

Tracy said...

He is definitely a funny Valentine. LOL For some reason he makes me think of Marvin the Martian from Bugs Bunny. :-) Probably the eyes and the helmet. It's a great card. I really don't know much about the Silhouette but I sure do see a lot of people using it and the cuts are always amazing. Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Trish and Treasure said...

Thanks for joining in the fun at Card Crafter’s Circle this week. This little fellow is fun and fabulous, and I like how you created the layout,really terrific card! I hope to see you again next week for our latest challenge.
Trish Munro
http://trishandtreasure.blogspot.com/
Card Crafter’s Circle Design Team