Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pretty in Pink

I'm back with another card and this one has been made using a digi from one of my favourite designers out there - Krista, the very talented artist behind the Saturated Canary digis.  These digis are just way too cute and so enjoyable to colour :)

   I wanted to keep this card fairly CAS as I like to see the image - easier said than done as I do have to stop myself from piling on the embellishments!  The top heart was done using the colour blending technique I mentioned in an earlier post - I like the randomness of this technique so have been playing around with it for a while now.


I would like to enter this card for the following challenges -



Here's a close up of the card - just because I really like this one :)  Nice when you're really pleased with your work!

Thanks for popping in and taking a look!

14 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

What fabulous coloring and shading on this sweet card. Makes me want to go buy more Copics and watch more tutorials. You always inspire me!

Carla S. said...

Fabulous card, Dawn! I love the clean look - it makes your wonderfully colored image really pop off the page!

Unknown said...

Dawn, your coloring is gorgeous! Love the colors of the hair and shine! Love the simple and clean look of your card! *****!

Tracy said...

I love everything about this card! The coloring looks amazing and the borders combined with the hearts is just adorable. Beautiful, beautiful card. :-) Hugs!

Linda Palmer said...

This is so gorgeous! Beautiful coloring and baautiful embellishments. Love it!

Loopylou. said...

Oh wowzers!! this is CAS and absolutely gorgeous all in one! you have done such an awesome job with your image, she looks beautiful.
thank you so much for popping in and playing along with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
hugs Lou xxx

lalkygirl said...

what a gorgeous card,stunningly coloured ,thanks for joining us at the cardmadfairys digi days and good luck
tracey x

Sara H said...

Wow!Your card is super gorgeous and what a fantastic colouring!!!! Love it =)

Melissa said...

Adorable card and AMAZING coloring! Love, love the color of her hair.

Darlene Lyons said...

You did an amazing job on this little cutie! I love the saturated canary images, I just got some of my own. I hope to have some coloured soon! Thank You for adding me as a friend over at Outlawz!

Heather said...

Stunning, a wonderful design and coloured, your Saturated Canary image is beautifully coloured.

Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge
xx Heather xx

Sheila said...

Stunning card and I adore your image - I too have loads of Krista's fab digis and love 'em all. Thanks so much for joining us at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days and good luck hun, Sheila:)X

Christine said...

Wow, stunning coloring!! I wish I could learn to do that. Her hair is just gorgeous. So real!! Thank you for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie wow this is simply stunning, love the image you chose too, gorgeous work, thank you so much for joining us at Saturated Canary this time, hugs Pops x x x