Friday, May 11, 2012

Red, white and blue!!!

Well, the Diamond Jubilee is fast approaching and even though I now live across the Atlantic, I'm still feeling very patriotic this year!  I will admit to being disappointed that I won't be there to join in with the celebrations but at least I can do some Jubilee crafts!!  There are some fantastic London/Jubilee themed digis available at The Octopode Factory and the challenge this week is red, white and blue.

I love the 'Keep Calm' posters and artwork that you see such a lot of now and that inspired me to do this card.

I merged 2 of the digis, coloured them with my Copics and then glued them on to the red background - the text was cut out using my trusty Silhouette SD.  If you head over to the TOFF challenge blog then you can check out the rest of the DT's work for some fabulous inspiration!!


Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend :)  Sorry I can't visit your blogs but my internet access is non-existent at the moment - this is a scheduled post!

7 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

This is different for you, but so cool. I love all the red and that super sentiment you did. WOW! This card rocks! It makes me wish I could stay home and create something today.

Tracy said...

LOL It's fantastic! Love the queen image, and all the other little elements added that make this so awesome. Totally fun Dawn! hugs!

Carla S. said...

This is fabulous, Dawn! Love the bold red, white and blue and the cool image!

Kathi said...

Oh my! This is fantastic!

I love the design and that great image.

Payne Holler Cards said...

LOL makes ya smile (-:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's cool :D

Penny said...

Dawn, this just made me giggle. Too, too cute! Love it! :^)
Hugs,
Penny