Sunday, June 24, 2012

Are you ready to party????

Hey all and a big happy hello to everyone of you!  I hope you're ready for a big ole bash over at The Outlawz as today's the day it all kicks off :)

We're celebrating in style as we recently hit the 2000 members mark - how great is that??  It truly is one of the friendliest places to be on the web so now's your chance to sign up and join in the fun and it won't cost you a penny!  You don't want to miss out as there are some fantastic prizes on offer and lots of great games to play.  There's also a blog hop and the fearless rep for our Copic/Promarker group is Darlene with a great tutorial but make sure you visit all the other hosts as well to be in with a chance for a fabulous prize!

      All the details are over at The Outlawz site and the theme for this mega party is "Where in the World" - this is because of the many different countries that the members come from, it really is a global group :)

We decided to go with a patriotic theme in the Copics DT and as I'm an English girl in New Jersey, (doesn't have quite the same ring to it as Sting's classic number does it?),  I decided to do a card with a touch of both countries in it -



I merged a Kenny K digi with my own CYDI London stamp to get a British card with a touch of New Jersey attitude!!  Fortunately both countries have red, white and blue as their flag colours so I didn't end up with too many colours.  I do like the way she's leaning casually against the Houses of Parliament :)


Thanks for popping in  - now get over to the Outlawz and join in the party!!


12 comments:

Trina said...

Lucky you! I like the how your stamp looks behind that Kenny K stamp!

Kathi said...

Fabulous combination of the Kenny K stamp and your own England flag stamp.

You colored the Kenny K image really beautifully!

Penny said...

Love the way you combined the two digis, Dawn, and wonderful coloring! Great that you could use red, white, and blue for both countries, huh? This is a really cute card! :^)
Hugs,
Penny

Carla S. said...

Fabulous card, Dawn! Just love the digis you combined! The whole design is awesome!

Linda Palmer said...

Dawn, wonderful card. I love your background and this image is perfect to go with it. I just wish I knew how to merge images. Great job on this beautiful card.

Payne Holler Cards said...

just amazing! wish i could merge digi's ...love all the details and of course your bomb coloring (-:

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Thank you for leaving a lovely comment on my blog. Your card is amazing and a great job merging the two images. I love to do this myself hun.I thought I was already following you, my fellow sistha at Outlawz and I have now corrected that... I am now a follower
Hugz Elaine xx

Jo said...

Dawn your card is so cute. I love the England-Jersey connection. Very fun.

Patricia St Martin said...

Dawn, Thanks for leaving sure a wonderful comments on my blog about my tutorial. If you give the card a try please let me know I would love to see it. You did a fantastic job on your card. Your coloring is wonderful. Awesome job merging the images together. Love all the details.
Hugs

Pryn said...

AMAZING card, Dawn!!! Your coloring is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! Love the british flag in the background! The ENTIRE design ROCKS!!!

Love and hugs to you my DT Sistah!!!

Tracy said...

Awesome card Dawn! I love the merge of the stamps. Makes for a great look. Hugs!

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful card Dawn. Love that bg image of course and the girl is too cute. Love how you put this altogether - you are soooo talented. Hope you vacation is wonderful!