Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Roll up, roll up!

Hello all :)
Back with another card but before I do anything else, I would just like to say a big thank you to Mayzy of  Mayzy Art for the fantastic prize of 5 of her fabulous digis that I was lucky enough to win on her very first challenge!  My Whole latte love card was picked as the winner - so quick happy dance and then it was over to her etsy shop to pick out some goodies :)

With the second Mayzy Art challenge in mind, which is 'At the Circus', I picked out some images I could use for that.  I wanted to do a circus poster type card and after seeing the great inspiration from that blog's DT, I came up with this -


I kept the colours to just red, yellow and pale blue as I felt these were bright enough to be circus-like and the background is from my huge roll of tickets that I picked up a while ago, out junking on the back roads of Pennsylvania (our latest obsession!)



I would like to put this in for the following challenges as well -



Before you leave, check out the new blinkie at the top right of my blog - we're having a huge party over at The Outlawz so make sure you're a member and you can join in the fun with lots of chances to win some fantastic prizes!!!
See you soon :)



12 comments:

Carla S. said...

Fabulous card, Dawn! Love the ticket background and fun Mayzy images! Awesome coloring and very creative design! Congrats on your win over there!

Tracy said...

Wowzers! I'd say you nailed the circus theme Dawn. The tickets are genius! Super fun card. :-) Hugs!

Maria said...

Beautiful coloring, Dawn. The tickets background is wonderful, I need to try it!
Hugs,

Maria B.

Penny said...

Congrats on your win with your Mayzy card--it certainly deserved the win!!!! :^)
Love this one, too! The ticket background is really cool. Your image is so much fun to look at! Love the colors used and, of course, the coloring! Great job again! Mayzy will love this one, too!
Hugs,
Penny

Darlene Lyons said...

You are so creative! First the coffee cozy and now using the tickets as a frame!! Awesome talent Dawn!! Thanks for joining us at MayzyArt!

Mayzy said...

This is adorable! I love the composition with the big, fun circus writing.

Thanks for joining the MayzyArt Challenge again! :o)

~Mayzy

Shelby said...

What a wonderfully creative way to use tickets!! Love it. And your coloring rocked it. Thanks for joining us at MayzyArt

Shelby

Kathi said...

I love your ticket background. Great use of "found" items.

Fun images that are perfect for the circus theme. They're beautifully colored of course!

Great card!

Jo said...

Way to go Dawn. Love it! Your coloring rocks. You are really making good use of those ticket finds. Thanks for joining us at MayzyArt Challenge.

Unknown said...

Wonderful card! Fab image combo. Think I can safely say you rocked the challenge! Thanks for playing along in the MayzyArt challenge xx

Jill said...

Such a fabulous card!
I love your colours and the tickets makes a perfect poster card :)
Gorgeous work
hugs, Jill

Shari said...

Love it Dawn, especially the use of the tickets! Thanks for playing with us at MayzyArt.