Monday, July 30, 2012

For the birds........

Hello all - I'm back with a double whammy today after a pretty productive crafting weekend!  I got to play with my Dylusions ink sprays and I love them!!!  The colours are so vibrant and I do love to get messy every now and then :)
   
   Both the cards on this posting have a background created by using the Dylusions sprays of London Blue and Vibrant Turquoise together and misting with water - it's that simple!  There are so many great tutorials out there in blogland so I suggest spending some time happily surfing the web if you've got these sprays and want to know what to do with them.

          The first card was done primarily for the Stampotique challenge which is birds and buttons, plus it means I've done another Xmas card (yay! - slowly getting there!)



Do you see what I mean about the gorgeous colour??????  Before I sprayed the cardstock, I had clear embossed some tree branches (a Hampton Art stamp) and then I stamped some again with black Stazon and then embossed some more with some Distress powder in frayed burlap.  The little robin redbreast is a Jo Capper-Sandon Stampotique stamp that I coloured with Copics and adhered to the card along with the many red button-berries.


I would love to have this as a mini christmas canvas on my wall (hmmmmm...)  Anyway, I would also like to enter this into the following challenges - http://daisydoodlescreativechallenges.blogspot.com/ - outdoors  http://lollipopcrafts.blogspot.com/  and http://lexiscreations.blogspot.com/- christmas in July.


    The next card was done using the sketch for this week's Retro sketch challenge and for this one I used a piece of cardstock with which I had 'mopped' up the excess spray from the first card - didn't want to waste any of that lovely colour!



                   I also used the Dylusions stamp set from Dyan Reaveley - 'How does your garden grow'.  I thought it would be a good idea to get some fun, sketchy stamps to play around with the inks as well.  This was such a fun card to do because as you can see from the photo, I didn't stay within the lines!!!  I know some of you may be extremely uncomfortable with that but do you know what??  Nothing happened!!  The Copic police didn't come and confiscate my markers and the sun stayed on shining:)  I can certainly recommend it - it's about as wild and reckless as I get with my crafting but it's still fun to do!!


I would like to enter this card for the following -


     Wow, long post.......thanks if you stuck in to the bitter end but thanks anyway for popping by :)



20 comments:

Kaz said...

Fabulous cards, those colours are so funky. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

Reflective Art Studio said...

I love the flowers as buttons...
Sarinda

Sandra said...

Hey there girlie, I love both of your cards. I've never heard of Dylusion sprays and you've peaked my curiosity. My fav is the second one, because it's so colourful and fun. I just have to play with my Copics too, and I love your sense of humour. :)S

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

fantastic thanks for joining us at critter sketch and good luck emma xx

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

me again just popped back to say thanks for joining us at daisy doodles and good luck emma xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh I love it, such glorious colours AND the buttons for dried berries are amazing in their effectiveness. What a great card, thanks for joining with us at Lexi's Creations for our 'Christmas in July' challenge!

Penny said...

Dawn, I love both cards! The colors are gorgeous, and what cool techniques you used! I never seem to step out of my comfort zone anymore, but glad to see you do! (Step out of your comfort zone, that is, not mine! LOL!) And I thought I heard the Copic police had retired, or maybe I heard wrong! Anyway, I love the artsy look of both cards! :^)
Hugs,
Penny

Tracy said...

WOW the vibrant colors of those sprays are gorgeous Dawn. The clear embossing and buttons make the cutest background for little birdie and your second card is just as wonderful. Hugs!

Carla said...

great cards and the colors are beautiful, love the buttons.

Lyndal said...

GORGEOUS, gorgeous cards Dawn - I'm just about to break out my Dylusions too!!

Gez Butterworth said...

Fab card. The background colour is gorgeous, love the buttons as berries! Thank you for joining the Stampotique Designer's Challenge. Gez

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi, this is lovely and so different. Love the colours and the buttons as berries. Gorgeous textures.
Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations and good luck.
Love Sandra xxx

Sam & Poppy said...

Love the colours! Fab makes :o)Sam

May said...

I like the color of your bird - and great use of scraps. Thank you for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

Basement Stamper said...

I love both of these cards, great colors!

sgc said...

Great card. Thanks for playing in the Critter Sketch Challenge.

Barb King said...

Great colors, the spray inks are so much fun, and I love that little bird!

lady jasmine crafts said...

Love them thanks for joying us at daisy doodles challenge. Nicky xxx

Pauline said...

These are both fab! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Oscar said...

Gorgeous cards. Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight!