Monday, October 22, 2012

The British are coming!!!

Hello all!
Hope you all had a great weekend, whatever you got up to.  We went to see some 'punkin chunkin' today - we're trying to do as much of the American experience as possible and sometimes the cheesier, weirder and odder, the better! 
     We had first seen this on the Discovery Channel and it basically involves a bunch of folk building a machine that will hurl a pumpkin as far as possible.  What more could you want from a gloriously sunny Fall afternoon?  It was pretty good and that's another check off the list :)

    Anyway, on to the card.  After an American themed day, I have a British themed card (go figure!)  I have been doing some subway art canvas creations and had some vinyl lettering left over from using my Cameo.  With a neutral cardstock and the addition of a couple of stickers, I came up with a sort of subway art card - nice and simple and ideal for a guy card which always seems to be a harder thing to come up with.
 
How very jolly and rather super!

 
I would like to enter this into the following Anything Goes challenges -
http://www.craftdoormagazine.com/
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Penny said...

I say, Dawn, smashing! ;^)
This is a great card for a guy--such a cool graphic design! And it has two of my favorite things evah on it--tea and the Beatles! ;^)
Hugs, Penny

Sandi said...

This is a terrific guy card Dawn! I agree that you can't go wrong with the beatles!
Thanks for playing with us this week at Through The Craft Room Door(TTCRD)
Huggs
Sandi

Linda Palmer said...

Fantastic masculine card. Love it and I'm sure some man in your life will to. You have such great ideas. I'm an Elvis fan but my brother is the biggest Beetles fan ever.

Anne Fenton said...

Dawn love your card...such a great guy card....thanks for joining us at TTCRD this week.

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Wow Dawn........I love your subway art card! Nicely done! I remember when the Beatles first came to America when I was a teenager. Such fond memories. :)
I had to laugh at your pumpkin chunkin' adventure. LOL Too much fun!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Unknown said...

Love the British theme going on here and ideal for a male card.Thanks for playing along at OSCC.

Patricia St Martin said...

Dawn, Can you believe on that Discovery Channel when these crazy people build those crazy machine that will hurl the pumpkin as far as possible. What more could you want after all would that not be your favorite pastime. Great guy's card and I love the British themed card. great job.
Hugs, Patricia

Tracy said...

Beatles, Rolling Stones... who is it????? LOL You sure did sum up Britain pretty well on this card Dawn. You've really become a pro with that Silhouette. Glad you're having fun with it. Hugs!

nwilliams6 said...

Dawn, so edgy and cool! I love the look of this card. I have been debating on the Silhouette and this makes me lean more toward it. How fun you went to a pumpkin chunkin or whatever you called it. I think crazy stuff like this is great. Makes me laugh at what your memories of America are going to be! Hugz!!!

Kathi said...

I love the clean graphic lines of this. Fabulous! Or "Totally Brill!" <---I learned expression when I lived in the UK.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Great card celebrating Britain.