Friday, January 4, 2013

New, new, new.....

Hello all!
Happy New Year to all - it's been a while since I last posted.................... I've been away from home, visiting family in the UK and I managed to pick up a delightful cold virus which pretty much knocked me off my feet for a while!  Never mind, what would the holiday season be without a bug or two?
                   It's the first Friday of the year so time for a challenge with The Outlawz copic/promarker DT group.  For our first one of the year, we're asking you for something 'new' - new year, new beginnings, new start, new baby, new home - the list goes on and on!

            I decided to use one of my own digis, available from Can You Digi It? - "Mouse Home".  I wanted to make it look like a picture on a wall so I cut a frame using my Cameo and used some wallpaper-like background paper.  The sentiment is computer generated on white cardstock which I scored to make it look like a skirting board or base-board, depending on which side of the ocean you live and I drew the mousehole (I think it works!).


 
Hope your New Year is off to a great start - why not head over to The Outlawz and check out the rest of the DT's work and join in with us?
 
Challenges entered -
 
Thanks for stopping by :)
 
 
 
 
Pin It

8 comments:

Babette said...

What a gorgeous card and a sweet image.
Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
Babette

Carla S. said...

This is so cute, Dawn! Your image is adorable and I love the frame! Hope you feel better soon!

Linda Palmer said...

Love this cute image. It is a darling card and I always love your coloring. Hope you are feeling better.

Tracy said...

Awww what a sweetie. :-) So sorry that the cold bug got you down during your visit. Hope you at least got to enjoy the time with your family. Wishing you a speedy recovery! Hugs!

Penny said...

Too darling, Dawn--and so creative! Love the image & coloring, cute design, & fun papers & frame!
So sorry you got so sick. I got the dreaded cold a week before Christmas, but it was a very mild one, knock on wood! Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog! Hope you're having a great weekend. :^)

Sandra said...

lovely card Dawn!! Cute image!
Hugs,Sandra

Kathi said...

Welcome back! Sorry that you've gotten sick. There's so much going around right now. I hope you're beginning to feel better!

Your card is fabulous. That image is great. My favorite part? The mouse hole in the baseboard.

Happy New Year!

Karen said...

Very cute card! Love the image. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.

Karen