Friday, March 8, 2013

You've got style baby!!

Hello all!
Friday has rolled around once more so another challenge over at The Outlawz alcohol markers group is up and running and this week the theme is "FASHION".  That leaves it pretty open to interpretation so why not join us this week?  - the Design Team have some truly fabulous examples for you to look at for inspiration.

                     I went to one of my Pinterest boards for my inspiration  - I had pinned this gorgeous card from Crafty Little Pigtails blog.  I just love the CAS fresh look of it - wonderful!

                 For my card I used a Kenny K digi, coloured with Copics and some scraps of paper, adding some lace and pearl brads so it would work for the current challenge at Kenny K's Krafty Krew. I even broke out the sewing machine for a very small amount of stitching!


                      I would also like to enter this into the challenges at - Addicted to Stamps , Simon Says Stamp , Stampin Royalty , Oozak and Through the Craftroom Door .


Thanks so much for stopping by and a big thank you to those of you who "liked" my hubby's Sturgess Designs Facebook page !





Pin It

22 comments:

Carla S. said...

Fantastic card, Dawn! Love the clean, fresh look and the colors! Great image!

Jo said...

She is rocking her jeans and jacket. Great job.

Unknown said...

Wow, awesome card! Love the CAS look and your coloring is great! Thanks for joining the Krafty Krew this week for our lace and pearls challenge!
Danielle:)

Linda Palmer said...

This card is fabulous! I love the design and layout you used. It is so cool! It is also beautifully colored.

Tress said...

Fantastic! Love the teal streaks in her hair! The lace pairs nicely with the fur on her jacket and gives the card a touch of softness.

ScrapSoon said...

wauw!
I love the coloring and also the image of that cool lady.
Also are the colors of the paper and the coloring perfectly matching.
But i love the layout the most.
So difrent as i have ever seen.

Have a great day!

Sandra said...

Great card Dawn!! I love the sewing :-)
Hugs,Sandra

Cazro said...

A rocking card, great colours. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Clean and Simple (CAS). Caz

Cazro said...

I apologise for my earlier reference. I wear two hats and only have one head. LOL. My thanks should be from Addicted to Stamps and More. Caz

Lynne Armstrong said...

Fabulous card Dawn...love the colours :)
Hugs xx

Livert said...

Greate card. Thanks for joining us at Kenny K`s krafty krew.
LIV

Kylie said...

I LOVE your scraps of paper and your image is awesome. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx

crafty amy said...

OH my gosh I LOVE them both! Such cute cards I am all inspired thank you :D Thank you for joining us at KennyK's Krafty Krew and good luck.

Huge hugs

Amy xx

P.S. If you would like to go on a crafty weekend or a day break there are still spaces on the one I run yearly in October. For more information CLICK HERE

Tracy said...

Awesome Dawn! I love your take on that card. Great coloring and the stitching down the banner is fun. Hugs!

Canonbury creations said...

Great use of scraps Dawn, love the image! Thanks fire playing along at ATSM
Val x

Penny said...

Love this, Dawn! Just a fabulous interpretation of your pinned card! Love the image, your great coloring, the papers, colors, design, and great embellies! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Emma H said...

Fun and fabulous - great colouring too! Thanks for joining in our Spring challenge at Oozak!

Patricia St Martin said...

OMGoodness Dawn this is a knock down dead card!!!! Love that image and your coloring she is just awesome and that layout is great...
Hugs, Patricia

Dawny P said...

Fabulous work chick :) A great design and lovely colours. Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge, hugs, Dawny x

Jo Nevill said...

Super card, I love the image you used, great colouring !

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week

Hugs

Jo x

nwilliams6 said...

Love the card you pinned - I certainly see why you pinned it! Your card is just as amazing and I would pin it if I saw it on Pinterest too. Wonderful highlights and coloring and the sketch is really great. I have had the best time visiting your blog this morning with my coffee! Hugz!

Kathi said...

Your card is sensational. Great job coloring the fun Kenny K image and great design!

You do know that now that you've used some scraps of patterned paper, you get to buy more? That's the rule! :D