Thursday, May 9, 2013

Just for fun.

Hello all!
     I'm back with something a little bit different from cards today - my first page in my art book.  I've been so inspired by all the fantastic mixed media creations out there and wanted to join in.   I'm not going to call it a journal as all I'm doing in it is playing around with stamps, paints, inks, tapes, papers - anything I fancy trying.  There won't be any deep and meaningful journalling from me as this is purely for fun!  Whenever I feel the urge to create something just for the sake of it, I'll pull out this little book, (see here for details on the book itself) and just go with it.
                      For the very first page, I decided to ink up one of my new stamps from Stamping Bella - one of the adorable images from Diane Duda .  For the background I tore up some strips of paper from my huge stash of vintage dictionary pages and roughly painted some white gesso over them to adhere them to the page.  I used some Dylusions ink sprays, ( London Blue and Bubblegum Pink) and some more white gesso and then stamped my images and coloured with Faber Castell Pitt pens , using a white gel pen for the dots.  I added a couple of strips of washi tape just because I love the stuff and voila!!


   It was so enjoyable not to have to stress about getting everything perfect for a change!  Yes, there are wrinkles in the text paper and the ink smudged slightly on the sentiment stamp but so what?  I'm not giving this to anyone so it doesn't matter - it's just for me :)

                 I would like to submit this to the challenges at Simon Says Stamp and Show , Delightful Challenges , Whimsy StampsStampotique , Crafting by Designs and Paper Crafting Journey .



Thanks so much for popping in and a very warm welcome to my newest followers - I really appreciate you coming by :)



Pin It

17 comments:

Pryn said...

STUNNING page, Dawn! I have NO idea where you see a wrinkle or smudge...I think it looks PERFECT!!! Besides, this is art and if there is something less than perfect, you simply say that it was meant to be like that :D

Love and hugs to you my DT Sistah!

Linda Palmer said...

I love it Dawn and it is a great idea. Love your background and the wonderful bright colors. It is perfect, no mistakes I see. That image is darling.

Sandra said...

Oh I like this a lot Dawn!!
A very good idea, I think I'll make one myself with all my rubber and clear stamps!
Hugs,Sandra

Tracy said...

Wonderful! Maybe I should take your lead and start my book with random projects instead of a theme. Too much pressure to stay on subject. LOL Great mix of medias and the image looks fabulous! Hugs!

Gale said...

Beautiful page Dawn and what a great ideal. Thanks for sharing with us at PCJ and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

Penny said...

Fabulous page, Dawn! Love your mixed-media designs! This is just so cool--love the background, the image & the sentiment! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Valerie H. Marshall said...

No way!!! This can't really be your FIRST page??? AMAZING!!! So beautiful! And I love that it's just for you! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Stampotique!
Val :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Adorable page, especially for your first. You must have had great inspiration somewhere. Love the print in the background. Thank you so much for being inspired this week and sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

Jacki Daniels said...



This is beautiful thanks for playing with us at PCJ this time
Jacki xx(PCJ DT)
http://scullduggery-cardsbyjacki.blogspot.co.uk/
http://punkyougirl.blogspot.co.uk/

Sam & Poppy said...

I really love this, it's dreamy and delightful.
Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Stampotique.

Kay Wallace said...

Dawn, this really is a fun page!! The dictionary page background is perfect for showing off the vibrant DI sprays! Great image, beautifully colored! And, oh my! Washi tape (my latest addiction)!

nwilliams6 said...

Wow Dawn - this is fabulous! I love the colors, your special magical touches, and that totally adorable image. Sweet page! I have wanted to start one of these for a long time, but just haven't gotten up the courage - I am proud of you starting one. I see deep meaning in this even if you say there isn't one - LOL. Hugz!

Patricia said...

This is way cool. Wanting to try my hand at an altered journal. Thanks for the inspiration!

ARTfulWings said...

Stunning first page!!! Can't wait to see what other gorgeous pages you create. Thanks for joining in with us over at Stampotique. Polly x

france papillon said...

wow, this is so cute and soft yet so striking!
thanks for playing with us at Stampotique Designer challenge ;)

Sandy said...

I love your journal page and I love this stamp - just got her in the mail the other day and can't wait to use her!!
Sandy

Kathi said...

Such a wonderful page! I love the combination of London Blue and Bubblegum Pink. I also love the way you colored the image. The quotes and the washi tape are wonderful additions!