Saturday, August 3, 2013

Make a card with The Octopode Factory.

Hello all!
It's a drizzly morning here in New Jersey so what better time to do some crafting?  I really should start doing some of the many Pins I have pinned for inspiration but before I do, I'd like to invite you to join us for the latest challenge over at The Octopode Factory.  Nice and easy this week - we're asking you to make a card!  You don't even have to use an Octopode Factory image but we'd love it if you do :)

                    I was still feeling very patriotic after the recent birth of our future King in the UK so I used the Queen Elizabeth II digi with some Union Jack bunting and a castle as a backdrop.  I then decided to have a Union Jack background which I cut from basic cardstock and distressed and inked the edges of each piece before sticking down.  It is one of the most complicated flags to recreate and as my card base is square, then it obviously wasn't going to be mathematically correct!


      I would like to enter this into the challenges at Through the Craftroom Door , Oozak , Simon Says Stamp , Delicious Doodles , Digitally Sweet and Scribbles Designs.


Thanks for stopping to take a look!



Pin It

15 comments:

Penny said...

Oh, wow, Dawn, what a fab r/w/b design! Love how you did the flags, and the image collage is darling! Love the coloring, too, btw! :^)
Hugs, Penny
Hope you are having a great weekend!

nwilliams6 said...

So fun- perfect to celebrate the birth! One of my fav Octopodes and you did it up wonderfully as usual! I have a million pins I need to try and I can't wait to see the ones you do! Last night, my youngest DD and I covered a picture frame in cool paper and distressed it - it came out wonderfully!

Also, I just now figured out you are in the Squigglefly store -I am always 10 steps behind! Yay!

Many hugz to you - love your card!

Linda Palmer said...

Love your queen. She is fun and love all the british flags in the background. Wonderful coloring as always.

Tress said...

What a visually interesting card! Love the colors and graphic layout! You are a card master with Octopode images!

Powerful Search Engine said...

Fantastic cool patriotic card. thanks for joining Delicious Doodles x

Denise Pustelniak said...

How COOL!
Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

Sandra said...

You're killing me girlie,I love how your brain works!!! Fantastic creation, excellent colouring and I love the sentiment...another one you could use is "Queen for a/the day".
Wonderful work, Cheers :)S

Deonna B said...

Wonderful Card! This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your creativity with TTCRD this week and good luck in the draw.

Jingle said...

I absolutely love it! Fantastic background and the image looks great! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Samantha Casey said...

This is amazing, I love everything about this! You created such a fun card! Amazing job! Thanks for playing in the Oozak Challenge!

-Samantha

Sandy S said...

Hi Dawn... welcome back... :) Love the card and so happy that you've joined us on a challenge....

Thanks for joining us at Scribbles Designs....

Sandy S
(~Owner/Designer Scribbles Designs~)

Amanda R said...

Love the deep colors in your image and the tilted panel, they look great! Thanks for playing along with us at Oozak!

tiggertastic said...

cracking make



Thanks for playing at DD

Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog - Tiggertastic

Cely said...

oh this is just so super cute! love the image and your coloring! thanks so much for joining us this month at Scribbles Designs!

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Gorgeous card!! Love your colored image and beautifully created background. Thanks for joining us at Scribbles.