Thursday, December 19, 2013

Shades of not grey!

Hello all!
Just popping in with a card for the challenge over at Stampotique which is 'anything goes' for this month.  I'm also tying it in with the ombre challenge at Craft Stamper - one of favourite magazines back in the UK.  I get them delivered to my mum's house so when I go over to visit, I have a whole stash of them to look at!
      Anyway, I used Fleur Belle by Janet Klein, coloured with Copics and fussy cut by hand and placed her on a gelato ombre effect background.  I used a glossy cardstock and added thick stripes of colour from the gelatos, blending with water and my fingers, adding some stamped and embossed details after it had dried.

     A nice Spring like card in the midst of winter in New Jersey........


    I would also like to put this in to the challenges at The Artistic Stamper , Copic Marker Europe and Addicted to Stamps


Thanks for stopping by today.

18 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely delightful. Love the background and cheerful colouring.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Linda Palmer said...

Darling image and card. I love the background you did. Will have to try them sometime(gelatos). Great design as always Dawn.

Sue said...

I love how you created your background and the colouring on the image looks amazing. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

Kay Wallace said...

I have to admit that I rarely use "stunning" in a comment, reserving it for few spectacular occasions, but, this is one of them! Dawn, the is STUNNING! First of all, I just love that Janet Klein stamp, and, in your hands, the stamp has come to life. The white text stamping is frosting on this awesome cake! Kudos to you!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Dawn, I love your background - I had a go at the 'ombre' effect too but you've really nailed it! Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotqiue and have a very merry Christmas. Sue x

Artyjen said...

Fabulous background and a pretty cool card all round! ;)
Thanks for playing along at The Artistic Stamper this month.
xoxo Sioux

Sandra said...

Ok, you used your fingers? How fun is that, can I come over to play at your house?

You are always coming up with cool ways to be creative Dawn, I love these colours and this absolutely adorable image. I had a bunch of Lily of the Valley sketch pads delivered in advance to my friends home before we visited them in Nottingham last year. Talk about save a ton of money in postage.
Cheers my friend, :)Sandra

sandie said...

Hi Dawn, what a fab background, love the added embossing. And you are so good at fussy cutting! Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM x

Crafty Judith said...

Hi Dawn hun adorable card x

Penny said...

Oh, Dawn, you create such pretty works of art! Love the wonderful bg you made for this fun image! Love your coloring, too! Really brightens up the day! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Alison said...

Gorgeous colours & background Dawn!
Alison x

Angelnorth said...

Lovely effect with the background and the cheerful colours are perfect on a very dreary day here in Northumberland! Thanks for joining us in the Craft Stamper challenge!

*Arwen* said...

This is sooooo gorgeous Dawn - wow!

xx Arwen

Diane said...

Super cute design.

Hugs diane

Anneke said...

Lovely card, great ombré bakcground wow! Thanks for taking part in the CS challenge!

Basement Stamper said...

stunning coloring on this! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Riikka Kovasin said...

Such a delightful and nice card! Thank you for joining the CS challenge!

Trish Latimer said...

Love the delicate colours of the background! Thank you for joining in with the ombré Craft Stamper challenge!