Friday, January 3, 2014

Another year of blogging begins.........

Hello all!
A belated Happy New Year to you all!  I hope your year has started well and will only continue to get better every day.  For those of you who make resolutions, I do hope you have managed to keep them so far but if not, don't worry - they say that most resolutions are forgotten by February anyway!
     My aim for 2014 is to try more crafty techniques and make a dent in my stash - I think many crafters have a hoarding gene when it comes to all things 'inky, papery, glittery' etc and I really do need to use stuff, not just store it away and occasionally sigh over how lovely it is.
        Anyway, why not start your year off in style and join us for our first challenge of 2014 with The Outlawz Alcohol Markers DT?   We have a fabulous sponsor for January - Aurora Wings , art by Mitzi Sato -Wiuff and she has generously offered a prize for the month and donated a different digi for each of the DT to use so please do check out the team's inspiration pieces each week.
       Our theme this week is "NEW" and this can be a new anything so no excuses not to play along!  For my card, I Copic-coloured an as yet, unused digi from Rick St Dennis which I'm counting as 'new' and also went with a new year, another birthday theme - after all, every birthday is a new one.
     I kept things fairly simple by using some patterned paper scraps and washi tape for the background and a printed sentiment, adding a ticket to the side just because I like tickets.  The wings are from one of my own digis here and I just printed them onto some orange cardstock and fussy cut them.


     I would like to enter this into the challenges at Little Red Wagon , Creative Moments , Shelly's Images , Sassy Studio Designs and Charisma Cardz,


Thanks for popping in!



Pin It

19 comments:

Darlene said...

OMG how cute is this creation! Great job! Thanks so much for joining our "January – Out with the Old, In with the New" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
Darlene
Shelly's Images Store
SHELLY’S IMAGES BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Really beautifully put together. Happy 2014.x

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is a wonderful masculine creation. So love the beautiful vibrant colouring.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Carla S. said...

Fabulous card, Dawn! Very creative design! Love the digi and of course, your coloring!

sandie said...

Happy New Year Dawn, your colouring is fabulous and thise wings steal the show x

Penny said...

Fantastic graphic design, Dawn! Love your added wings on this! Really cute image and wonderful coloring, as always! Just love this! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Linda Palmer said...

Wow Dawn! This is amazing. Love the extras you used and your beautiful coloring. I love your ideas and creations.

Sandra said...

I hear you Sistah when it comes to using up the stash. I'm ahead of you on that because we are moving next year and downsizing, so I do not have a choice.

I love the pop of the orange, it's so vibrant. The image is so adorable and of course your colouring is perfect. What an absolutely brilliant design, awesome way to kick off the new year. I hope it's a great one for you too. :)S

Jayne said...

This is so cool Dawn, I love the design. Thanks for sharing with us over at Little Red Wagon this week.

Kim Kelley said...

The image is adorable and your coloring is fabulous! Thank you for joining us for our DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

Kim
SSD DT

Wendy L said...

This is a lovely card, such a brilliant design, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz for our Birthday celebrations. xxxx

Patricia St Martin said...

Dawn, Gorgeous card and love how your image turned out with those beautiful colors. Are you going to try and do something special for this year? For this year I'm going to try and work ahead for my challenges so I'm not always last minute and cleaning OUT my craft room of thing I have not used in years and not to make room for new stuff. Also starting NOW keeping up with comments, I'm so tired of falling behind.
Hugs from Wisconsin, Patricia

Tracy said...

Fantastic Dawn! The added wings are genius. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that your new year is filed with happiness and the ability to dwindle your stash. LOL. Hugs!

nwilliams6 said...

Dawn, I really like how cool this image is and I know you added some extra cool details of your own here. Wonderful design and coloring. I am going to have to check out the other cards. I like your resolution - we probably all need to do this. My resolution is to do the things that are nagging me in the back of my mind so the voices stop - you know those voices that say things like clean the scrap room, send a card to Uncle Bob, get your cholesterol checked, get the car detailed, do more exercises.... Hugz!

Shelby said...

I looove my hoard and there are papers that I just stare at because they are too nice to actually use:)!! Great card and your coloring looks wonderful.

Shelby

NGCARDS said...

Such a great image and a wonderful card! Thanks for playing at Charisma and I hope you will continue to play along with our challenges! xxx

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

I love the fab image and sentiments you have used and great colours too.

Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz in our 5th Birthday Celebrations and good luck.

Sarahxx

Vee said...

Fabulous card, love the colours and design. Thanks for joining our Birthday challenge at Charisma Cardz
xx Vee

Bubbles said...

Wow-wie what a Fab card! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
Joanne x