Monday, March 5, 2012

Digital duo!!

Back after a fun weekend where we popped into the Big Apple to see an off Broadway show called "Million Dollar Quartet" which is about one night in a recording studio with Elvis, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins & Jerry Lee Lewis.  It was brilliant and I would highly recommend it to all of you '50's music fans out there!!  We also had a quick lunch in Ellen's Stardust Diner where the staff all sing and dance whilst they're serving you - very unique!!  Gotta love NY :-)
Anyway, managed to do a couple of cards using my own digis, available here.  The first was done following the Saturday challenge over at The Outlawz which this week is paper piecing.  I used my dress and frame and paper pieced both the main elements using co-ordinating papers and I must admit, I like the end result, especially the skirt layered over the frame!
I would also like to enter this for the following -

http://www.craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.com/ - anything goes
http://papermakeupstamps.blogspot.com/ - CAS with a digi
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/ - layers

The second card was made to join in with the fun of the Sunday CAS challenge team at The Outlawz.
The challenge this week is to mix it up and use 2 patterned papers which does make the whole CAS theme a bit more tricky -   I hope I managed to keep my card in the CAS zone!!
This digi is also available in a pre-coloured format at Can You Digi It as I thought that would give an even quicker option to make a card!


Thanks for stopping by and I hope the week has started well for you :)

10 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

These are both awesome cards. I love them both, especially the dress. Great job on both of them, you are so artistic. I left you a little something on my blog.

Carla S. said...

Both cards are fantastic, Dawn! Love the paper-pieced dress over the frames in the first one and the fun image and sentiment on the second! Two great designs!

Maria said...

Both cards are wonderful! The dress is gorgeous!
Hugs,

Maria B.

Tracy said...

Oh I really like the dress over the frame too! Looks fantastic and you picked great paper to piece it with. Great twist on the sentiment of your second card. LOL
Glad you enjoyed your show. Sounds like something my uncle would go nuts over. Hugs!

Vicky said...

Gorgeous cards love the images & the paper piecing looks fab.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Anne Temple said...

Both cards are fantastic. I especially love the first one with the frame. So very cool that you used your own digis too. So glad you shared these with us for the Clean & Simple challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps' Digi Makeover Challenge.

Jodi said...

These are so adorable - love them. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see more from you again soon.
Hugs,
Jodi

Katie Butler said...

I love the pattern you used on the dress. What a wonderful creation. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenge.

Sarah said...

Gorgeous cards, love that dress, thanks for joining us at craft your passion, hugs, Sarah x

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful cards!! Love that dress image. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant this week!!
~Sheri