Friday, July 13, 2012

Christmas in July!

Well it seems like it's Christmas in July all over web-land at the minute!!  So many challenges are taking up this theme that it all seems very festive - regardless of the scorching heatwave many of us are enduring in the States - and we're no different over at The Outlawz with this Friday's challenge :)

Our sponsor this month is the wonderful Megan of Dillybeans and she has some fabulous Christmas images available to use, along with many other cute and edgy designs.

For my card, I used the 'Snow Family' digi and added a few musical notes and the "Fa la la" on Adobe PSE10.  I coloured it with Copics but went for a zingy, non-traditional colour scheme for a change.



I also added some Stickles for a touch of glitter and a few punched snowflakes with gems - I'm trying to keep the Xmas cards nice and simple this year!


I would like to enter this into the following -
http://lilredwagon.blogspot.com/ - Christmas in July


Thanks for popping in - please do go and take a look at the rest of the Outlawz DT's work - you'll be so glad you did :)



I'm heading off to CHA this Sunday so I'm very excited!!!  I havn't been to Chicago before so it's a double whammy of excitement :D   I'll have some scheduled posts ready for the week but will try and pop in with some news and info if I can.  I'm doing a number of workshops - Altered Art by May Arts, My Little Shoebox, Mix and Match Collage Canvas  - so I'm hoping to come away with lots of inspiration!!!

Let me know if any of you are going too - would love to meet up :)

12 comments:

Jo said...

Dawn, this is just such a fun image. I love the non traditional colors that you used. Very fun.

Carla S. said...

Awesome card, Dawn! Love the bright colors and the details you added around the image! Great coloring, as always!

Penny said...

Love the coloring, Dawn! Love the colors you chose and the bit of bling you added, along with the sentiment! :^) It is a very cheery Christmas card!
Hugs,
Penny

Tress said...

Oooo! Nice bright colors to bring a bit of Christmas Cheer to the recipient!

Linda Palmer said...

Love your image on this wonderful card. Love how you colored them and really love your card. Fabulous coloring.

Tracy said...

I think the color scheme is perfect for those jolly snowmen. This is a fantastic cheery and uplifting Christmas card Dawn. You nailed it girl! Hugs!

coldwaters2 said...

This is a joyful Christmas card the family of snowmen look fantastic and such fun, I love this so much, thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty sentiments this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Jenn Borjeson said...

Super cute, thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans! :)

Wendy said...

Fabulous Christmas card, love the image...Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Wendy xx

Melissa S. said...

This is wonderful. I just love this imaage.Your choice of colors is fantastic.Thank so much for joining us at Dilly Beans this week.

Kathi said...

Fabulous card. I love the bright cheerful colors you used to color the super-cute snowman family!

Anonymous said...

Love your card...The colors are perfect. Thanks for joining us over at LRFW!