Friday, June 21, 2013

"In the summertime....

.....when the weather is high, you can stretch right up and touch the sky"

Now that you've got that song stuck in your head (if you're a certain age, that is!), I shall move on to tell you that there is a new challenge over at The Octopode Factory and it's 'Summer' - hence the reason for the song :)   I love the summer and today is the official first day of summer, for those of us north of the Equator anyway.
 
          Those of you regularly visit me here will know that I've been on a fairly long CAS kick and this card is following along those lines.  I used the buzzy bee digi from The Octopode Factory, coloured with Copics and computer printed the sentiment, adding a few paper pennants and some line doodling.
I used the Copics colourless blender on the bee's body to give a bit of texture and some white gel pen spots on it's wings just for fun!


I would like to enter this into the challenges at Crafting By Designs , Paper Pretties , Cute Card Thursday , Dutch Dare and My Heart Pieces.



Thanks for popping in!


Pin It

14 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Dawn, what a darling image. Beautiful coloring!

Penny said...

Well, Dawn, thanks for getting that song in my head. :^P Not happy about that! ;^)
On the other hand, your card makes me smile! FABULOUS! Super duper CAS card--love everything about it!
Now, if I could just forget about that song...
Hugs, Penny
Have a great weekend!

Tress said...

Lol, yep I remember that song, and now I'll be humming it all night! Love the way you placed the pennants and added line doodling!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Adorable ...and now stuck with the tune LOL

Peanut said...

How fabulously CAS, Dawn. Guess what I', humming right now?! lol
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a sweet comment.
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Roxann said...

What a darling CAS bee card! I don't do CAS well and wish I did. I wish I could share your enthusiasm with summer! In Georgia it is miserable, sticky and damp.

Sandra said...

Don't feel like you have to even explain your CAS mode these days, they are a refreshing change from what we see everywhere. You have a unique and very "kewl" thing going on here Dawn, I am really enjoying what you are doing. This one being no exception of course :)
In answer to your question....7 days in Nottingham and then 4 days in Amsterdam
Cheers :)S

Tracy said...

Fun bee in that crazy OF style Dawn. You've Really got a handle on CAS girl. Hugs and thanks for the tune. :-)

Kathi said...

That bee cracks me up. I love how you colored him and love that he looks like he has a fuzzy body!

I love the CAS design. You do that style very effectively!

DistinctiveLMNts said...

Oh this is so cute! I personally find CAS cards refreshing. Yours is perfect! Keep it up. Thanks for joining us at Dutch Dare card challenges.
Lisa

nwilliams6 said...

What a great card - positive, sweet, and very fun. You do the coolest CAS cards ever! Hugz!!!

CarlaKH said...

I love that bee! Too cute! So glad you joined us at Dutch Dare!

Rene said...

This is such a fun & clever card!! Love it!!

Thank you for sharing your lovely creation in our ‘Anything goes - Show your Season’ Challenge
Do join us again!
Hugs
Rene (DT Crafting by Designs)

Patricia St Martin said...

Such a fun card and so cute. Perfect sentiment.
Hugs, Patricia