Friday, August 29, 2014

My favourite seat.

Hello all!
It's been a very long time since I blogged about any of the refurbished/repainted bits of furniture that I do so here's one of my very favourite pieces that I'm absolutely not going to put up for sale, ever!!!
       We came across this  - I'm gong to call it a vintage draughtsman's chair - on one of our last junking trips around Eastern Pennsylvania before we moved back to the UK.  I loved it and almost ran to the counter with it to put it aside while we carried on browsing.  Here's a before shot -

   I had a plan to make this a statement piece for our kitchen/diner in our English house so I set about spray painting it bright red - this was definitely going to stand out!  The seat was freshened up with a light coat of brown acrylic paint as I wanted it to still resemble wood.  I then created a graphic design in permanent vinyl using my Silhouette Cameo and applied that to the seat.
         It now stands proudly at our kitchen counter and I love it even more!  The 'after' photos are from our American house but you can still see the chair in all its's glory.  I will get around to photographing it in it's present home very soon.





And here's a close up of the seat design - 



Yay- I was featured :)

Elizabeth and Co.
                                         Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

Penny said...

Wow, what a wonderful redo of that chair! I see why you loved the lines of it; the red just makes it pop anywhere, and the seat is too cool! Great job! :^)
Hugs, Penny
Have a great weekend!

Tracy said...

Wow! You gave it a total face lift. I don't know if I would have realized they were the same chair. You are super talented lady! Hugs!

nwilliams6 said...

Dawn, this is so wonderful! I love it and wish it was in my kitchen. So smart of you to see this and vision what it could be. Fabulous. Hugz!

Gerrina said...

What a change it makes with eye-catching paint and a super designed seat! Think your auto-card is great; super sentiment! Hugs, Gerrina

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I love this one too! Happy to feature you at our party this morning! Thanks for sharing!